DR. J. S . RAJKUMAR, Chairmen Lifeline Hospital Multi Speciality Hospital is a landmark tertiary care health destination managed by Lifeline Group of Hospitals.
BIO-DATA OF DR. J. S . RAJKUMAR
- Matriculation Exam - State Rank 1978 (Don Bosco)
- PUC - State Rank 1979 (Loyola)
- MBBS 1979 – 1985 - 32 Gold medals & Prizes Johnstone Gold Medallist (MMC)
- MEDICAL REGISTRATION NO- 41098
- NCERT Scholar 1979-1985 - National Topper
- MS 1986 – 1989 - Gold Medallist
- Dip N.B (Surgery) - National Gold Medallist
- 1989 – 1993 U.K. Training in all aspects of Surgical Gastroenterology
- 1989 – 1990 – FRCS (Edinburgh), FRCS(England), FRCS(Glasgow), FRCS(Ireland)
- 1993 – 1997 - Consultant Surgeon, Malar Hospital
- 1995 - Key member of India’s First Liver Transplant
- 1993 – 2004 - Performed more than 8000 Laparoscopic Surgeries
- One of the pioneer Laparoscopic Surgeons of India
- Mastered several techniques like
- Gasless Laparoscopy using Laparolift
- Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery for Obesity
- Endoscopic ‘Endo-cinch’ procedure for reflux disease
- Pancreatic pseudocyst laparoscopic surgery
- Pioneering work in Anti reflux surgery
- ‘Stapler Piles technique’
- One of the largest series of Laparoscopic fundoplication and Laparoscopic Hernia surgeries in the country.
- Highest number of laparoscopic bariatric surgeries in South India : 60 as of date
- First Laparoscopic Surgery Camps in Srilanka and Maldives.
- Large number of National and International publications
- One of the youngest International Examiner for the FRCS from 2000
- April 2001 – released a book, co-authored with Dr. C.M.K. Reddy, called “Scientific Basis of Surgery Practice”. Now recommended and read in India, U.K, Srilanka, Malaysia, etc.,
- June 2006 – released a book on : Current Management of GERD, compiled and edited with Dr Shanthi Vijayaraghavan
- Have been actively involved with projects of Global Cancer Concern of India
SERVICE ( NATIONAL )
Free Laparoscopic surgical camps at
Kumbakonam - 1994
Mayiladuthurai - 1994
Neyveli - 1995
Trivandrum - 1995
Bhubhaneshwar - 1993
Siliguri - 1996
Bangalore - 1995
Pondicherry - 1996
Nellore - 1997
Kavali - 2004
Tiruthani - 2006
Several hundred cases, all performed successfully.
Over the past 12 years, Dr Rajkumar and his team of dedicated doctors, have seen thousands of patients free ( consultations ) and have operated on hundreds of patients ( open and lap surgeries )free of cost. No complications recorded so far.
From 30th December 2004 to 16 January 2005 Dr Rajkumar and his team of Doctors/Nurses and Paramedics visited the Tsunami affected areas of Nagapattinam, Cuddalore , Pondicherry etc. Relief was provided which included vaccinations, water and food supplies , dressings for the injured and transportation to the hospital. Hepatitis screening was also done
Hepatitis screening and administration of Hep B vaccine was done for thousands of school children through the joint auspices of Rajarathinam Medical & Educational Foundation (RMEF) and Rotary International. The children of St George’s school and the orphanage of the Chembarabakkam Corporation School were vaccinated during 2005-2006.
Since 1997, HIV+ patients have been operated upon free of cost. This represents the largest surgical experience in HIV+ individuals in South India. The patients were all referred by YRG Trust and RMEF. The total number of surgeries as of date is 592.
All G I Cancers who cannot afford treatment are treated either free or at very subsidized rates.
The above services were cited when Dr Rajkumar was awarded the AIDS SERVICE AWARD by the Rotary Club of Chenna Patna, The Vaidya Ratna Award, Dr N C Raghavachari Award for Community Service ( Medical and the Seva Ratna Award (recognizing service to the society).
A) FIVE DAY SURGICAL AND ENDOSCOPIC CAMPS
Done in 1995, 1996, 1997, & 1998 from August 25th to August 30th on all the years, at KOTAGALA,CENTRAL PROVINCE, SRILANKA, where upto 4000 plantation workers were treated free each time, and several hundred endoscopies and surgeries were done free, with the auspices of Mr.THONDAMAN of the CEYLON WORKERS’ CONGRESS.
The FIRST AND SECOND FREE LAPAROSCOPIC SURGICAL CAMPS OF THE REPUBLIC OF MALDIVES,
In November 1996 and November 1997, at the INDIRA GANDHI MEMORIAL HOSPITAL were conducted by Dr.J.S. RAJKUMAR. Each time, about 15 major surgeries were performed free of charge.
Free meal scheme every Monday &Thursday at RIGID Hospitals for 100 slum dwellers( ongoing )
Annual scholarship given to needy and meritorious students of Bharathiya Vidhya Bhavan.
Regularly provide free treatment to below poverty line patients suffering from cancer and AIDS
2002 – 2003 Received the award for “ Vocational Excellence “ from Rotary Club of Chennai Towers
2004 April Vaidya Ratna Award from President Abdul Kalam
2004 July Dr. K.S. Sanjivi Award to young Doctor’s with Social Commitment for outstanding Health and Medicare Services to Poor and Needy)
2005 Dec Was awarded a citation by the Rotary Club of Chenna Patna for his unstinted service to AIDs patients
2006 Jan Dr V Chandrasekhar Gold Medal Endowment : IMA, Trichy
2006 Jun Was awarded Rtn Dr N C Raghavachari Award for Exemplary Service to the Community - Health
2006 Oct Was awarded the “ Seva Ratna” Award – recognizing services to the society by PR Syndicate
- Fellow of
- Royal Society of Medicine (London)
- International College of Surgeons, Chicago
- American College of Gastroenterologists
- American College of Surgeons
- International College of Angiology
- Indian Association of Surgeons
- International Medical Sciences Academy
2004 Dec. 5th 1000 free Major cases completed by Dr. Rajarathnam Medical & Educational Foundation.
Visiting Professor : R.M.M.C., Chidambaram
: J.S.S.M.C. Mysore
: S.V.M.C. Thirupathi
: S.R.M.C. Porur
Conducts classes for pre-final and final medical students
Conducts regular classes for “ SPEED “, the biggest tutorial for medical students appearing for PG courses and which has yielded more than 60% success
Presently the Chairman and Chief Surgeon of Lifeline Group of Hospitals which comprises of Lifeline RIGID Hospital, Kilpauk, Lifeline Clinic, Adayar and Lifeline Multispeciality, Perungudi, Chennai
S and V Loga Lifeline , Karur
A chain of clinics in different parts of TamilNadu :
: Lifeline Clinic, Bhavani
: Lifeline Clinic, Gobi
: Lifeline Clinic, Sathyamangalam
: Lifeline Clinic, Perundurai
: Lifeline Clinic, Dharapuram
: Lifeline Clinic, Kangeyam
: Lifeline Clinic, Namakkal
: Lifeline Clinic, Paramathy Velur
: Lifeline Clinic, Rasipuram
: Lifeline Clinic, Tiruchengodu
: Lifeline Clinic, Erode
: Lifeline Clinic, Periyar Nagar
: Lifeline Clinic, Pallipalayam(Erode)
: Lifeline Clinic, Perundurai Road
: Lifeline Clinic, Karur
: Lifeline Institute of Telesurgery – a one stop centre for advanced minimal access surgery
: Heartline Telemedical Services Pvt Ltd., the first of its kind in India. A revolution in tele-medicine with wireless technology
Clinical trials :
Has been the Primary Investigator for several clinical trials. Has a tie up with Quintiles, the biggest Clinical Research Organiser for clinical trials.
OTHER EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES.
University divisional player:
Shuttle badminton &
1982 & 1983
College Champion : Table Tennis 1980-1985
College Champion: Shuttle Badminton 1979-1985
College Team Member: Hockey & Football 1982-1983
Regular writer in The Economic Times, Madras Plus Supplement , Health File, Cosmopolitan Club
Abstracts for Rotary journals